Categories
Studio Practice Year 3

Studio Practice 3301 – Week 2

During the second week, I had a tutorial in which I discussed my ideas with my tutor and she gave me ideas of how I could make further progress.

From my drawings, my tutor felt that they were all done with the same amount of pressure on the pencil and I could have benefitted from capturing a range of line thicknesses and tones to add more detail and realism. I need to keep the looseness of the drawings but refine areas to make it more effective.

Also, although the museum for drawing animals was a good initial start, she felt that I could go to actual farms and zoos and capture the animals within their enclosures to add more context and create a link to last years project which included areas of linear fences which my tutor was drawn to when looking at my work from last year. I was encouraged to get a range of wooden boards as I enjoy working on board and work to a range of sizes, both small and large to explore colour palettes.

My tutorial really helped me understand how to progress with this project and I feel I have a lot to keep me busy in the upcoming weeks.